Tuesday 29 September 2015

Armies on Parade

First things first I apologies for not getting any proper updates out more recently. Uni has started back up so I've had to sort life out again, no time for the constant hobbying that was the summer holidays. The other big project that I have been working on is my armies on parade board.
So this year I decided to enter my stores armies on parade competition. Not quite sure why I decided to do this this year but I've given it my best shot. At the moment I have two nearly finished buildings and the base is under coated.

The buildings

So we have two building, one big and one little one. The little one is done apart from a little bit of dirt in the top corner. The larger one isn't quite done, I need to all the fine details on it like the control panels and lights.
 



The board itself

This is a new one for me. I thought that I would be doing my first parade board on on of GWs plastic ones, yet I have decided to build my own. There are three levels to it. Two road sections, two pavement sections and a raised section with a a building on it. Below are the plans for it.




















So far I have the board built and under coated. I am really happy with it is turning out so far. All I have to do now is to paint it all (quite a daunting task seeing as I have never painted something this large before). I'm not going to post a photo of the under coated version as you can't really see any of the detail. 

So what do you guys think? Hopefully I'll have more updates soon, especially as I've ordered a Typhon and extra Jetbikes so hopefully more updates in the near future. Anyway what do you guys think?

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment