Monday 25 September 2017

The Path to Path2Confrontation: part 2

So I've been cracking on with the painting since the last post about about Path2Confrontation. So I thought I would give you all a little bit of an updated in the progress. So far I've managed to finish, Russ' base, a whirlwind scorpius, and the lascannon arms for my mortis contemptor.

Russ' Base

So I've tried to tie the display base (well the gaming part of it for now) for Russ in with the black and white marble-esque tiling I've done on all my space wolves and talons of the emperor army. The biggest difference here is that I've tried to do a little more to the black marble which I don't normally do. Other than that the only other big detail that I had to work out how to paint was the thousand sons helmet on the base. But hopefully it works as a nice little detail at the back. Now onto the big man himself....

 Whirlwind Scorpius

So this was a fairly quick paint with a a very simple scheme for the vehicle. I will probably go back and add some extra detail in the form of more transfers and potentially some free hand runes over it. However I also imagine it being a functional piece of equipment that the space wolves would be using to wage their wars rather than a massive ornamental piece of weaponry.  Hopefully I'll get to go back and add some extra touches in the future, but I am happy with it for now.




Mortis Contemptor Dreadnought

So the actual chassis for this model has been done for a number of years, being one of the first models I painted for the force and was my first foray into magnetising things (which does show). Now I decided that I needed a little bit more punch on this bad boy for this event so got him 2 lascannons. Now hopefully it'll scare both fliers and tanks alike giving my army some much needed fire power as they run across the board to get to grips with the enemy. This was a fairly simple project and was finished off alongside the scorpius.

No comments:

Post a Comment