Monday 15 January 2018

Weekly update

So I have no major break throughs of the new year so far but I have managed to get some bits painted and have started some new projects. So I thought I might as well do some kind of an update in the mean time. So what have I been doing since I got back to hobbying after the holiday break.

First game of the year down at the club

Talons of the Emperor

So I'm back on the Talons wagon now that I've got hold of an airbrush. This has meant that I have been able to start work on some of the larger vehicles that I have in my collection that haven't been painted yet so it has been great to get some paint on my chronous and the aquisitors. The new club I'm at in Norwich stipulates that we need to have fully painted models to play otherwsie we can't use them so I have been getting things to the point that I can play with them. The other thing I have done is sold some of my custodes and expanded my sagittarum guard to 5 models (I never built the 5th guy) as I've found that MSUing custodes isn't very fun and as I run them across the table rather than in trasnports the numbers help them get to the enemy with the ability to have some punch. I am also working on finishing up my flamer sisters and building a couple of extra squads so that I can run nearly a pure sisters force (custodes will be needed for tank killing capacity). Over the weekend I also managed to get some more paint down on some models. I painted up the Aquillion terminators and repainted my Krole conversion to be in the colours she is in the background, silver armour with red hair.

Built a new captain for one unit and did the bases for my terminators


Finished the first of the aquisitors for my sisters of silence (they're huge that's a knight base!) just one more to go

 

Mechanicum

I've only painted one unit recently for my mechanicum to go with me to the 30kfrontier event this coming weekend. As I'm playing on the attacking side I needed some extra elites choices to fit them into the points that we were playing as I didn't really want to more myrmidons as they are slow and I couldn't take any more thallax as I'd run out of troop slots. So I painted up one of my tech priests and converted up some servitors with multi-meltas and maxim bolters to act as a demolition team esque unit to fit the boarding theme of the army.


White Scars

So this project is going on in the background at the moment so I have no photos to show for it. However Since announcing the project I have managed to put together 15 outriders sans the riders, 5 terminators, 15 vets, 2 rhinos, 1 jetbike mounted character, 1 foot slogging character, preator in terminator plate and a xiphon. I need one more unit, a dreadclaw for the terminators to go in and I have my complete 2k army. The reason I haven't started yet is that I haven't quite nailed down a scheme yet and am planning on batch painting a lot of the base colours of this army with the airbrush so want to make sure I have a good foundation before I go and paint it all in one fell swoop.

So that's what I've been up to in the hobby this year so far. I might try and do a model count tracker or something to add to the site/each post as we go to remind me how much I get done in the year.

Philip

Painted Model count 2018: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment