Tuesday 20 February 2018

Weekly update...?

So this isn't as weekly as I would have liked but I have managed to get a bunch of stuff done since the last time I posted. Managed to get some bits and pieces done for my talons force, built some Age of Sigmaer for the up coming Daughters of Khaine releases and started a new painting project.


Talons of the Emperor

So in the last couple of weeks I've managed to finish painting 10 sisters of silence with flamers (to a table top standard so they still need some more work), three more aquilion terminators (see above) to finish up the 6 man unit, finished my Ixion Hale (who is now up for sale) and built 5 new Hetearon Guard and a new shield captain to lead them. I feel like I'm drawing to the end of this project slowly. I'd like another unit of sisters, maybe with swords and potentially another unit with grenade launchers and another trasnport. I'm also tempted to add an avenger strike fighter as a Lord of War choice so I can deal with tanks in 2k without needing any custodes, but we'll see if that actually happens.


Need to go and finish the gems, guns and skin but shouldn't take me too long to do

Going to paint these guys up in black, to match the terminators and shield captain

Age of Sigmar

So with the new daughters of khaine round the corner I decided to jump on the band wagon a little bit. So I purchased a couple of bits and have painted up some stuff I already had to fit in with the force. So far I've got 10 witch aelves built and undercoated, a Neave Blacktalon painted (as I really wanted to paint her) and a sorceress painted up. Although I've got some other bits to build I'm going to wait and see what the new book holds before building any more, might change how I build some of the units. Anyway without further a do here are the photos.






Golden Deamon

So the title kind of says it all. I decided early on this year to enter a golden deamon at some point. The some of my gaming group decided they wanted to go to warhammer fest so rather than easing myself in with one of the smaller competitions I decided to throw myself in at the deep end and enter the classic deamon... So I've had to start practising hard as I've never really pushed my skill beyond good table top. So I bought some scale75 NMM kits to get the basis of that and started practising NMM style reds on a spare primaris marine I had lying about. I've now moved onto a seraphim model (one of celestines body guards) to try and get an overall look on a model. It's not going to bad so far. Not sure which categories I want to enter quite yet but it'll probably be at least 40k single miniature, and I'm tempted by the LotR category and potential AoS single miniature but we'll see how it goes. So below are some of my progress shots. Unfortunately this stuff doesn't photo very well on my phone but you get the idea.




Tried some NMM on the gun, the gold worked ok, the silver less so, more practise needed


Two different styles of shading with looking at where the lighting comes from

And that's sort of what I've been up to over the last couple of weeks. Not a huge amount since I started painting test pieces but I need to get those sister finished for a couple of weeks time and need to get my arse in gear on those elves. Lets see if Ican get them finished up soon.

Philip

2 comments: