Wednesday 7 March 2018

Another update

So I'm back again with one of these intermitent updates that I managed to put out every couple of weeks. Over the last couple of weeks I've managed to go back and update some Custodian models and painted up my first every 75mm scale figure.So without further a do what have I done?

Talons of the Emperor

So since I've last posted I've managed to finish up a whole new unit my sisters of silence excruciatus cadre (pictured below) and touched up a couple of other units. The cadre is unlikely to get used any time soon but I am currently trying to go through and clear up a backlog of unfinished projects that I still have kicking around so it's nice to finish up some of these units. It's also why I've gone back and touched up some of my other units (pallus, dreadnoughts and infantry) but going in and adding transfers, extra highlights to areas that hadn't been highlighted, weapon/gem glow and engine heat effects. The Talons where always a quick paint army so it has been nice to go back and spruce up some bits for some of the units, they won't win any awards as an army but they'll make me feel better when I play with them.


Scale75


So recently I have started painting both 75mm scale models and using scale75 paints and figures. Firstly scale75 paints are amazing, I'm loving using them. They're super matt and have a really nice finish to them. Secondly 75mm figures are so much fun to paint . I've just finished my first (Jessica Thunderhawk). One of the nicest things about larger scale figures is that you have the space to get more down with your blends etc making some more technical painting styles (such as Non Metalic Metals) almost easier to do as you have the space to get it right. It has been a great way to push my painting to the extent that I ordered another 75mm figure and a bust to try out some other tecniques. 


So that's what I've been working on. Next up is more talons as I have some other units to finish up and kind of want to put that whole project behind me now so I can move on with other things such as my white scars and my Daughters of Khaine.

Philip

1 comment: