Wednesday 4 January 2017

The Mechanicum are coming

So for a while I have been working on a smallish mechanicum force, well I've finally got the motivation to finish it off and add to it to bring it to a 3k list. There is the doubles event which is at the end of the January and the Escalation painting event in April and as I wanted a changed from the Space Wolves for a little while I thought I'd get some mech stuff done.

Doubles event

So myself and Tom, whos mechanicum stuff has been on here before, have decided to go to the 30k doubles event at warhammer world at the end of Jan. We decided to take mech as we both tend to play on opposite sides normally so mech would give a nice mid ground so neither of us has to swap sides. So I geared up and worked out an army list (of which I will do a separate post once everything is painted) and started painting. Now up until recently I only have three thallax done for the army but I have now got 6 more thallax with just the weathering to go, the Krios which needs more work but not masses of work and the unit of ursurax, 3 of which need weathering 3 of which need to be finished building... Hopefully I have them all done for the end of the month but with the rate at which I have been painting them they should be done sooner than that. If I get them all done I'll try and finish off the domitar I have lying around so I can have two different lists depending on what we fancy running on the day. Right now some pictures 

The Krios looking decidedly Bee like...



Escalation Painting event

So in April I will be heading just up the road to a heresy event being run by Escalation Painting. Now this is a 3k event of which I have very little of, but I thought I'd go for it. I'm planning on running a reductor list with a large block of thallax at the core supported by medusas, krios and hopefully if I can work out the funds for one, a knight atrapos. If I don't manage to get everything sorted in time I'll probably run my wolves but I like a challenge, and if I do get it done then I have 2 30k armies of at least 3k or greater, anyway wish me luck

So that's what I have started so far this year, I'll do a post soon on the list I'm planning on taking as well as my age of sigmar tale of gamers. So have a good hobby year guys and I'll see you soon.

Philip

3 comments:

  1. Well done on your nomination for best army at the weekend, and for so many favourate game votes,

    Matt (blood angel Game 3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome you found the blog!

      Thanks man, yeah I was dead chuffed by the nomination (I'll be doing a couple of posts on the weekend soon).

      It was a great weekend and all the games where good fun, so I'm glad others enjoyed them as much as I did.

      Delete
    2. Awesome you found the blog!

      Thanks man, yeah I was dead chuffed by the nomination (I'll be doing a couple of posts on the weekend soon).

      It was a great weekend and all the games where good fun, so I'm glad others enjoyed them as much as I did.

      Delete