Monday 30 October 2017

The Path to Path2Confrontation: part 4

So this is probably the final instalment of the path to confrontation series as the event is on Sunday. There are a couple of little bits left to go but most of it is all done, so here is a quick wrap up of what I've managed to get done in the last week or so since the last post.

Image from Games Workshop

Grey Slayers

So I 've finished all the grey slayers off, well apart from the transfers. I don't like batch painting this many models (I normally do it five, maybe tens) as you get about half way through and realise you have that many more to go. However I only have another 15 to do and then I'll not bother building any more as I don't really need more than 45 as I'm unlikely to use more than 30 odd in any given standard size game (I'm only taking 20 with me to path for example). 

Not finished in this photo but turns out I haven't got a finished photos

Characters

As most people who have been paying attention to the wolves 30k community (or the community in general) you might know that wolves need a horrendous amount of characters in an army. So I needed to finish off some non-terminator armoured models to ride along in my land raider with Russ and the Command squad. To this end I finished off both my power armoured centurion and speaker of the dead which have been sat around unpainted for a very long time. I'm super happy with the cloak on the speaker of the dead seeing as it was a bit of a rush job at back blending, but turned out really well. Also if you don't back blend on cloth I would thoroughly recommend learning how to as it makes them look so much better (rods.mods on instagram showed me how to do it, go check him out, some lovely deathguard stuff on his page).


Leman Russ

So I finally got round to painting up my Leman Russ model after completing his base a while ago (there are some photos somewhere else on the blog).  I've been putting him off as I really didn't want to ruin him but I got to the point where I had run out of things to paint for the event so kind of had to paint him... It was good fun in the end and it was nice to try and paint slightly more realistically thanks to the way the sculpting had been done. The only bit I'm not overly happy with is the face and hair but that is a skill I need to improve in my painting so hopefully painting up an escher gang for necromunda might be a good way forward for that. Once he's mounted on his base (which is in a different part of the country right now) I'll do a proper set of photos off him, maybe in an army showcase as my wolves have massively expanded since I first did one.  Anyway without further a do here are some photos, because that's why you are really here right? 





What's Next?

Well the next gaming thing in my calendar is meeting Sam from Emperors Path (@emperors_path on instagram and youtube). Although the last couple of times I've used my Custodes this time I will be taking my mechanicum with me, and to that end I had a lovely forgeworld parcel turn up over the weekend with some more mechanicum goodies in it to bring to the fight, but you'll have to wait and see what was in the box...


Right that's all from me, hope you have a good week, follow me at @aett_hobby on instagram to keep updated on what is happening over the weekend at Path2Confrontation.

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment