Monday 1 January 2018

A look forward to 2018

So you may have seen my post yesturday about what I did last year, well now it is time to look forward to 2018, set myself some hobby goals to complete and things I'd like to try and do over the coming yeat. So I'll start with my hobby resolutions and go from there.

My Hobby Resolutions

So I don't want to make these too over the top as I want to be able to do them, but at the same time I want the to be stretching enough that they force me out of my comfort zone a little bit. So what am I planning on doing? Below is my list of what I want to get out of the hobby next year in no particular order
  • Attend at least 4 Horus Heresy events, with one being at Warhammer World if possible
  • Paint up 2-2.5k of White Scars 
  • Learn to use and Airbrush and improve my weathering skills
  • Paint something not in 28mm scale that isn't a GW product
  • Build a gaming table and have at least one person over for a game
  • Play at the local club at least 12 times over the year
So that's what I want to try and do, I don't think it should be too difficult but at the same time certain things like building a table may be harder depedning on how life goes

Events

So I already have 2 events lined up for the new year, one as close as January but I won't go into much detail here as sometimes these things fall through and you can't do them, so I won't count having done one until I have been. The first however is the Kortus VII event in Southampton put on by 30K Frontier which is a Zone Mortalis event meaning I need to paint up a couple of bits still for the event as I am taking my Mechancium. I need to write some fluff for this event so as soon as I have done that I will be posting it up here with the armt I am taking with me.

White Scars

So I have decided to do a new army for the new year so that I can learn to use an airbrush and push my skills further. So I decided that I'd take a crack at that most difficult of colours and paint some White Scars. I have already done a test with my brothers airbrush, which although the white needs refining, I am pretty happy with. But I will post more about this in a seperate post here in a little while. But of now here are the testers on the side of a rhino (and I did rush the high lighting and chipping).



So those are my plans for next year, what are yours?

Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment