Thursday 13 August 2015

New Forge World Site

So I don't normally post about this sort of thing, but I thought I would give my views on it and see what people think and also the benefits/downsides to it are.


So here is the new look for any of you haven't seen it yet. They have made it like the actually GW website. So there are some pros to this :
  • Mobile - I think this is the biggest improvement to the website, it is so much easier to navigate
  • We're getting 360 views on some models so you can see 
  • The white out of weapons on the first image so you can see what you can comes in the set, like the old dreadnought arm shots
  • Age of Sigmar stuff has rules for it, they don't look to bad actually
Now my biggest gripe and I think the only major problem with the website :
      
THE NAVIGATION! - it is so difficult to find what you want, especially if it is generic. Cutting down the option to what you want is just time consuming. It isn't difficult per-say, it's just a little more difficult to do so.

So the other big thing is the special edition Praetor. I personally like the model, apart from the head (which seems to be everyones biggest gripe). It's nice to get a complete power armoured Praetor that you can then use as a legion centurion rules wise or convert to whatever you want. Now I think they missed a trick here. Very few of the characters have fancy helmets, so personally I think that they should have done a helmeted version. Well that's what I would have liked to see. 

Special edition model 
Any way that is all I have to say on the matter. What do you guys think?

Philip


No comments:

Post a Comment