Monday 1 June 2015

Painting Space Wolf Armour

 So I've had comments about how I paint the armour on my space wolves, and it's really rather simple (I basically use the GW method!). When I started painting, back in 2004 or so I wouldn't dream of painting anything like GW official but that has changed with time. I picked up this painting style when they first released the new range of paints. Any way onto the painting.

So you'll need:
  • Black primer (I use chaos black or whatever the name of the new one is)
  • The Fang
  • Russ Grey
  • Fenrisian Grey
  • Agrax Earth Shade

Painting

Step 1
Undercoat black (it's that simple)

Step 2
Base coat with The Fang

Step 3
Layer in Russ Grey

Step 4
Wash with agrax Earth Shade

Step 5
Redo the Russ Grey layer but leave the agrax in the recesses (see the photo)

Step 6 (optional)
Edge highlight with Fenrisian grey

And that's it, there really isn't that much to it. It takes a little bit of time to do but it looks good. I'll be doing tutorials for all the details later (once I've done them...). This is also the same way that I paint my tanks, but don't wash the whole model in Agrax, just go into the recesses, as it makes step 5 take so much less time. And below are step by step photos of the whole process on my latest tactical sargent.


Step 1



Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6
Apologies for the slightly dodgy photos, currently in the process of moving into my girlfriends place and haven't got my lights or a proper place to do my hobbying. If I get a chance in the future I'll replace them with better photos. Any way that's all for this week, see you all later

Philip


No comments:

Post a Comment